Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Plantains

[Funny how someone who cares as little about food as I do should be talking so much about it!]

I discovered yesterday that you can "just peel" a plantain, provided that it's yellow. I also discovered that they lose their starchy taste when they are yellow, and taste just like a banana, rather than a potato. I also did some research and discovered that you can cook them and eat them even when the peel is black--I think they're really sweet then, or something.

So, in sum, I fried bananas and carrots last night and made some rice, and called it dinner (and breakfast this morning, because I've run out of milk, cereal, and bread). They taste really good and quite sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet plantains are amazing!!! You can also boil them and mash them and eat them sort of like oatmeal! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete